Best Flooring Alexandria VA Has As An Option
Flooring Alexandria VA is an important investment in your home. As a resident living in Alexandria VA you know how important it is to take care of your hardwood flooring Alexandria. Here are a few essential tips that will help your hardwood last longer and increase the value of your biggest investment!
Advice On Flooring Alexandria VA
- Always sweep or vacuum regularly to rid your Alexandria VA flooring of dust and to eliminate abrasives that can scratch the hardwood finish.
- Very quickly wipe spills from floor to protect wood from excess liquid.
- Regularly swept or vacuumed floors will almost eliminate any need to “clean” the floor with a cleaning product. But when a cleaning product is needed, we suggest only using a “hardwood specific, non-oil based cleaner.” Cleaning products should be sprayed on to the sponge mop or hand towel, never on to the floor itself.
- Be sure to use mats outside and inside entrances to prevent sand and abrasives build-up on your hardwood floor. Avoid rubber or other dense mat backings that prevent airflow beneath rugs and retain abrasives and humidity.
- Be sure to use mats near sink, dishwasher and workstations to protect floor from cooking utensils, water spills, detergents, oils and other kitchen mishaps.
- Always stick felt pads under any furniture or chair legs to ease movement and prevent scratches on the hardwood flooring Alexandria Va. Keep pads clean at all times and regularly check for signs of wear.
Helpful Tips For Keeping Your Floors Looking Great
- We suggest opting for large, soft polyurethane or rubber casters rather than narrow, rigid plastic ones.
- Always protect your hardwood when moving heavy objects. Place on a reversed mat and slide smoothly over floor.
- Be careful with pointed objects such as spiked-heeled and sport shoes that may damage the Flooring Alexandria VA finish of your wood floor, especially if they are worn or damaged.
- Try to maintain relative humidity level around 45% for your good health, your wood floors and furnishings. Wood is a natural material that reacts to relative humidity variations when moisture is absorbed or released.
- The hardwood flooring needs to be protected from sunlight and intense artificial lighting to reduce discoloration of exposed wood. This phenomenon with wood surfaces is normal and natural, and varies according to species.
- And occasionally move furniture and carpets around and reduce intense light sources to minimize color contrasts so your Flooring in Alexandria VA looks it best.
Some Alexandria Flooring Things To Avoid
- Be sure to never pour cleaner or any other liquid directly onto hardwood floor surface.
- Don’t use a wet mop that leaves excess water on your hardwood floor..
- Never use wax, oil-based detergents or other household cleaning agents on your Flooring Alexandria VA, since these products may dull or damage the floor finish, leave a greasy film that makes floors slippery, and make maintenance of your hardwood floor more difficult.
- Do not use a steam cleaner/sweeper on your hardwood flooring.
I hope that you have found this advice helpful!
Until next time,
Edwhat Nunez | President | Absolute