Laminate Flooring Northern Virginia
When you need a floor that’s affordable yet highly resistant to damage, it’s laminate flooring Northern Virginia chooses. Modern laminate has become popular in many types of homes, and can mimic more expensive and fragile flooring options to look exceptionally genuine.
Northern Virginia laminate flooring installation can transform virtually any space in a home or workplace. Absolute Flooring, LLC, works with industry-leading flooring brands such as Shaw Floors and Armstrong Flooring to provide you with a diverse selection of laminate.
Whether you want the look of natural stone in your bathroom or authentic hardwood floors in your kitchen, laminate flooring installation in Northern Virginia can give your dated spaces a rejuvenated, elegant look with unparalleled damage resistance.
What Exactly Is Laminate Flooring, and How Is It Different from Vinyl or Luxury Vinyl Plank?
Both laminate floors and luxury vinyl plank (LVP) are made of several layers, but laminate’s layers are composed mostly of wood whereas LVP is made from vinyl, which is a type of manmade material.
A photograph near the top layer of the floor gives laminate its design. Modern 3D printing techniques allow laminate floors to have an incredibly real look, and because they’re made of wood, they often feel more like the flooring materials they mimic such as stone or hardwood.
The photograph layer is covered by a clear coating that’s extremely durable. All the layers of a laminate flooring are bonded together by a lamination process, giving the floor its name.
Northern Virginia laminate flooring tends to be thicker and more comfortable than traditional vinyl flooring, as well as warmer. Since most of the product is recyclable at the end of its life, it’s often considered a more eco-friendly option, and some flooring manufacturers even make their products from recycled materials.
Laminate flooring in Northern Virginia isn’t the same as engineered wood flooring—engineered wood is all wood that’s layered, but laminate has a wood backing with the photograph layer and clear top.
Why Choose Laminate Flooring
There are many reasons both homeowners and commercial business owners today invest in laminate flooring for their spaces.
It gives a realistic look. Laminate is often difficult to tell apart from real wood, especially with textured options. Northern Virginia laminate flooring installation gives you the look of authentic wood with the affordability and durability of laminate.
- Can be used virtually anywhere. Although laminate isn’t as resistant to water damage as vinyl, modern flooring manufacturers are making laminate more water resistant than ever before, meaning it’s safe for use in bathrooms and mudrooms
- Made to withstand damage. Whether you have kids or pets in the house, laminate floors are made to stand up to high traffic and impact damage, including dents. Laminate is also more resistant to staining and fading than some other flooring materials.
- Easy to install and remove. Laminate leaves your subfloor undamaged and available to support other flooring options in the future.
Easy to install and remove. Laminate leaves your subfloor undamaged and available to support other flooring options in the future.
What You Need to Know
Our team at Absolute Flooring knows investing in a new floor can feel stressful. With so many choices, our professionals are here to walk you through your new laminate flooring installation in Northern Virginia. Here are a few considerations to keep in mind when investing in this flooring material.
Durability. There are different durability ratings depending on where you’ll be installing laminate. We suggest the appropriate durability level for your home or business, whether you’re considering laminate in little-used rooms such as dining rooms and guest rooms or commercial spaces where you need the highest durability available.
- Underlayment. Northern Virginia laminate flooring installation will have different underlayment options, which is the material that goes underneath the flooring material. Some manufacturers offer laminate products that use a moisture barrier to protect your floors even more, and materials that are mold and fungus resistant.
- Thickness. The thickness of your laminate floors can vary. Generally, the thicker the laminate, the more warm, comfortable, realistic, and durable your new floor will be.
- Longevity. The lifespan of your new laminate floor will vary based on its use and how well you care for it. While some laminate floors last an average of 10-20 years, some high-quality laminate brands we work with, such as Shaw Floors, offer warranties up to 30 years!
- Heating. Yes, laminate flooring Northern Virginia can be installed over radiant heating! We can help you pick the perfect floor that matches your style and will keep your feet cozy in the colder months, or in the bathroom after a shower!
With so many considerations for your laminate floors, we can recommend our best picks based on the design you’re looking for, the appropriate durability, and your budget.
Considering Laminate for Your Floor? Contact Us!
Absolute Flooring provides free estimates, and we bring our samples to you so you can see more of what we offer in person. Whether you have laminate flooring in Northern Virginia in mind or want to discuss all your choices with us, give us a call today to schedule your free estimate and design consultation!